The purpose of Rotary e-Club of the State of Jefferson-District 5110, hereinafter "Rotary e-Club" is to:
- Extend Rotary to business, professional and community leaders in any Rotary District who are unable to meet traditional attendance requirements or who prefer the convenience of an online club;
- Offer the opportunity to remain connected with Rotary to Rotarians who are considering terminating their membership in a traditional terra club due to demanding business or family commitments, extensive travel, confinement due to ill health or disability, or residence beyond reasonable distance from an existing Rotary club.
Our philosophy is...
- To develop symbiotic relationships with terra clubs around the world;
- To encourage our members to participate in terra club activities in their communities. This includes but is not limited to helping with local service projects, serving as host families for exchange students and doing make-up when possible at a local club;
- If our members circumstances change we encourage our members to join a terra club in their community;
- To encourage terra clubs that have members resign to ask their previous member to consider joining our club or some other eClub so that those people will not be lost to Rotary;
- To partner with terra clubs on both local and international grants.
To be a member of the Rotary e-Club means...
- You live or do business in ANY Rotary District in any country of the Rotary world.
- You are a contributor to society in your profession, occupation, industry, business, or community role.
- You are committed to the personal ethic of Service Above Self, The Four-Way Test, and support the Object of Rotary.
- You agree to meet the Membership Expectations.
You complete the application process outlined below and are approved for membership by the Rotary e-Club Board of Directors.
- The RI Constitution allows membership in only one Club. You will have to resign/transfer your membership upon acceptance of your application.
- Applicants who are current or former Rotarians must provide a letter of reference from the current President of their current or former Rotary club or a letter of reference from a current active member of this club.
- Applicants new to Rotary must provide two endorsements, at least one of which is from a currently active Rotarian. Alternatively applicants new to Rotary may provide a single letter of reference from a current active member of this club.
- You are willing to participate regularly in the Rotary e-Club community and, as appropriate and feasible, you are willing to accept tasks and responsibilities.
- You accept that all club programs, forums, business, and communications are conducted in English.
Dues and Financial Support
- You are willing to make financial contributions to support club projects and The Rotary Foundation.
- You are prepared to pay current dues of US$200/yr to support the operating costs of Rotary International, Rotary District 5110, and the Rotary e-Club. Members are encouraged,though not required to donate an additional US$100/annual Sustaining Membership in the Rotary Foundation.
- New members pay a one-time initiation fee of US$50.
- After paying dues for the first quarter, a new member is granted a three-month trial period. If during this period the new member determines that Rotary e-Club does not meet expectations the person may withdraw without any further financial obligation. Only the initiation fee and dues for the first quarter are forfeited. Membership is canceled without prejudice; no risk. Amounts donated to The Rotary Foundation will remain as credited to the person's TRF account.
- You accept that, for the purpose of Rotary administration, you will be considered a member in good standing of Rotary District 5110, Oregon/California USA, although residing in a State or Province of your own country.
- You have regular access to the Internet and are willing to acquire the necessary skills to participate in the activities of Rotary e-Club of the State of Jefferson.
- Do you believe these membership requirements can be part of your future? If so, we would like to hear from you.
- Please follow these steps to apply for membership:
- Register an account if you haven't already done so. This will allow you to set your login name, password and subscribe you to our weekly news.
- Please use this Member Application Form link to complete the appropriate fields and submit to the Membership Director. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted appropriately. You can register from this link as well